WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
“Personal information” is personally identifiable information such as your name, residential address and e-mail address and includes information about your mileage and reimbursement amounts.
We may receive personal information from your employer and other third parties provided that such parties confirm to us that they have obtained your consent to the disclosure of your personal information.
Publicly available information, such as a public directory listing of your name, address, telephone number and electronic address, is not considered personal information.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Cardata collects and uses your personal information primarily for the purpose of providing you with the products and services you or your employer have requested from us, including but not limited to electronic funds payment. Some of these Services may be provided by third parties and service providers.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose or transfer your personal information as set out below or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
• Third Parties: We may request your consent to disclose your personal information (such as your name and email address) to third-parties, such as banks. These third parties may use your personal information to improve their services, let you know about products and services that may be of interest to you by email or other means, or for any other purposes. We are not responsible for the manner in which these third parties treat your personal information. If you wish to withdraw your consent to such sharing, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Service Provider Arrangements: We may transfer (or otherwise make available) your personal information to third parties who provide services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to host our website, send email and text message communications, or process payments on our behalf. Your personal information may be maintained and processed by third-party service providers in Canada and the US. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. For additional information about the way in which our service providers treat your personal information, contact us as set out below.
• Sale of Business: We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a proposed or completed merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Cardata or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
• Legal and Compliance: Cardata and our Canadian and US service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an organization in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, to detect, prevent or suppress fraud, and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
Information Collected Automatically
In addition to information you submit to us, we may collect certain information using automated tools such as cookies, web beacons, and web server logs. The types of information we collect automatically may include IP addresses, device identifiers, browser characteristics, length of visits, and pages viewed.
We may combine certain automatically collected information with other information we obtain about you, which may include data we obtain from third parties.
Information about your use of this Service and other Website may be collected across time, devices, and Website, and used for numerous purposes including to associate different devices you use.
Data Analytics: We or our service providers (such as Google Analytics) collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses and device identifiers of all users of the Service as well as other usage information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Service. We use this information to help us understand your use of the Service, to monitor and improve the Service, and to tailor our Services for you and other users. For further information about how Google may use data it collects through the Website you may click here, or click here to learn more about opting out of Google Analytics data collection.
Your web browser may have settings that allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various Website or use online services. Like many Website, our Website are not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
Tracer Tags & Web Beacons: We may also use a technology called "tracer tags" or "Web Beacons" on our Service. For example, we may use this technology in order to help us understand which pages you visit on our Website or which of our emails you view or interact with. This information helps us optimize and tailor our Service.
You may choose whether to receive some Interest-based Advertising by submitting opt-outs. Some of the advertisers and Service Providers that perform advertising- related services for us and third parties may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding Interest-based Advertising, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, and http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices for information on the DAA’s opt-out program for mobile apps. Some of these companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and your opt- out options for their members, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of Interest- based Advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit these opt-out webpages, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or web browser or use a non-browser-based method of access (e.g., mobile app), your NAI/DAA browser- based opt-out may not, or may no longer, be effective. Cardata supports the ad industry’s Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising (https://www.iab.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/ven-principles-07-01-09.pdf) and expects that ad networks Cardata directly engages to serve you Interest-based Advertising will do so as well, though we cannot guaranty their compliance. Cardata is not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
Information We Obtain from Partners and Other Sources
We also may obtain information about you from other sources (for example, from other service providers) and combine that information with information you provide to us directly or that we collect automatically through the course of providing Services.
Additional Information About our Website & App
Children’s Privacy: Our Website is not intended for, nor targeted to, children under 13, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information from children under 13. If we learn that we have received information directly from a child who is under the age of 13, we will delete the information in accordance with applicable law.
Security of Personal Information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to help protect personal information collected or received through our Website or App. Although we use reasonable efforts to safeguard information, transmission of information via the Internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through our Website or App. Your online access to certain of your personal information may be protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone and change on an appropriate frequency.
We have a personal information retention process designed to retain personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes stated above or to otherwise meet legal requirements.
Access to your Personal Information
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may access, update and correct certain of your personal information through your account. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in any other personal information in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
Article 1.1 – Cardata Mobile Application
The article is specifically applicable to the Cardata mobile application.
HOW IT WORKS
Using your Cardata account credentials you will be able to log into the Cardata Mobile application. Throughout the setup process the application will display screens and information on enabling location collection and optimizing your device for automatic drive tracking. Cardata Mobile runs in the background to detect your driving based on movement, and location information. Cardata Mobile collects this information on a user set schedule. The Cardata Mobile application will routinely check your schedule to ensure tracking is correctly set to off or on.
What data is collected by Cardata Mobile?
Cardata Mobile collects your information to provide vehicle reimbursement services – specifically, Cardata Mobile is concerned with driven mileage and route logs. Data collected may include:
• device and operating system information
• movement type
• battery level
• Bluetooth connectivity
Why is this data collected?
Cardata Mobile uses your data to automatically detect when you are or are not driving. Precise location information will be collected if you opt in by both accepting your mobile device’s operating system requirements and enabling tracking through the Cardata Mobile application “Enable Tracking” button.
If you do not want location data collected but do want to record trips within Cardata Mobile you can turn off your schedule and manually add trips. If you do not want any information collected by Cardata Mobile you can simply delete the app.
Access, security, storage, and use